Have you ever thought about learning to scuba dive but were unsure on how or where to get started?
Then now is your chance to try with your local sub-aqua club!
Rugby Divers hold regular 'Try Dives' at the Queens Diamond Jubilee Sports Centre in Rugby, on the 3rd Monday of every month, so if you have always wanted to learn; would like to have a taster before you go on holiday or just simply want to try something new, then a 'Try Dive' with Rugby Divers is for you!
Almost anyone from the age of 12 years can learn to dive with Rugby Divers. All participants of a Try Dive will be offered an introductory lesson with a qualified BSAC instructor, including poolside tuition on diving skills and equipment, followed by a 60 minute scuba diving session in the pool.
And, if the diving bug bites, try divers can then go on to join the club and complete the BSAC Ocean Diver course. This is an internationally-recognised qualification that is the stepping stone to a lifelong diving adventure, with the waters of the UK and around the world just waiting to be explored.
on the night ...
- Meet at the clubhouse (next to the athletics track at the Queens Diamond Jubilee Centre) ready for an 8.15 pm start
- A short briefing on BSAC, the Club and the equipment you will use in the pool on the night
- A 60 min. session in the pool under full instruction and guidance from one of our experienced & friendly instructors.
After pool sessions we retire to the club house for refreshments and a chat with the rest of the members to discuss the events of the night as well as discussing enrolment to our next Ocean Diver course!
Please note: Try Dives must be pre-booked and paid for in advance. We are unable to offer 'drop in' try dive sessions.
What do I need to bring ?
- Swim wear & Towel
- An old T-shirt (to wear in the water if you prefer)
- Your own dive mask (if you have one and prefer to use it)
- A £1 coin for the changing room locker
- All other equipment is provided by us
- Participants must be over the age of 12
- Participants should have no known significant medical problems
- Participants will be asked to sign a Medical & Responsibility Declaration
- Under 18's will need a parent or guardian to be present at the pool during the try dive
- We will require proof of age for juniors
TRY DIVE GIFT VOUCHERS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
If you are looking to buy someone a gift that is a little bit different, how about buying them one of our Try Dive gift vouchers?
They cost £15.00, include all of the kit you need and run throughout the year. Try dives make an excellent experience session for scout and community groups, or just individuals and families.
All of our activities are risk assessed and our instructors are DBS checked.
To order a gift voucher get in touch with us by clicking on our contact page link below.