BSAC Sports Diver Course
In addition, BSAC Sports Divers are taught how to support a Dive Manager by acting as their deputy as the first step in developing this important role in support of safe diving. The BSAC Sports Diver course has both practical and classroom lessons run in an integrated sequence. The course includes a sheltered water lesson and five open water lessons.
Qualification and what that means
A BSAC Sports is defined as a diver who is competent to:
• conduct dives to 20m (if you choose to do the post qualification progress dives, the depth is increased in 5m increments to 35m)
• conduct dives with a BSAC Ocean Diver within the restrictions of the conditions already encountered by the Ocean Diver
• conduct dives with another BSAC Sports Diver, within the restrictions of the conditions already encountered during training.
• Conduct dives with a Dive Leader or higher grade, to expand experience beyond the conditions encountered during training, under the supervision of a Dive Manager.
• use breathing gas mixes up to Nitrox 36%
• plan and conduct dives requiring mandatory decompression stops
• rescue a casualty and provide basic life support
• support the role of Dive Manager by acting as a competent deputy
Although the diving equipment is usually provided by the club or centre, having your own mask, snorkel and fins, as well as a diving suit, is highly recommended.
For further information or to organise your training, get in touch with us via our contact page